Pakistan Navy Central Library (PNCL) was initially established in 1951 and was shifted from 10 Liaquat Barracks to Pakistan Maritime Museum (PMM) in 2005 and is upgraded to Research and Reference level. Membership is open for PN Personnel and Civilians.
To provide reading, learning and research environment in PN and to make Library a centre of knowledge on Maritime and Military Sciences along with other general subjects.
The up-gradation included extensive renovation furnishing, computerization, addition of new books/ e-books, foreign periodicals, newspapers and 20 x Research cubicles for members with internet facility, LAN environment and open bookshelves.
Library is fully air-conditioned and the surrounding area has been tastefully landscape with lush green lawns and seasonal as well as perennial plants.